Foul play is suspected in a rollover crash that caused fatal injury near Pittsburgh.
Pennsylvania – July 29, 2022
The intersection of Lawson Street and Midtown Square in Pittsburgh was the scene of a crash that caused the driver fatal injury. Foul play is suspected in the accident that occurred around 11:45 p.m. Wednesday night and Pittsburgh Public Safety investigators who processed the scene are continuing an investigation toward that end. Surviving loved ones of the accident victim may wonder “Where can I find attorneys near me?” for assistance to access insurance funds for unexpected burial and funeral arrangements in addition to a possible wrongful death lawsuit in Pittsburgh. Once the investigation is completed law enforcement can determine if there was a criminal component to this accident which will have some bearing on any civil case for damage compensation.
Losing a loved one is devastating but loved ones must hold negligent drivers accountable for that loss. Contact skilled legal counsel who will build a case under Title 42, Chapter 83 of the Pennsylvania General Statutes, Section 8301, defining wrongful death as one that is “caused by the wrongful act, or negligence of another.” Beneficiaries must be mindful of Pennsylvania’s two year statute of limitations for wrongful death legal action. An experienced accident lawyer at Scanlon & Wojton Law Firm can assist accident victims surviving loved ones recover damages when a wrongful death occurs.
A personal injury lawyer, utilizing supporting Pennsylvania state-specific accident laws, can file a wrongful death legal action for damage compensation to include:
- Compensatory damages for economic losses including lost wages, medical bills, medical care, and treatment, plus household expenses and non-economic losses that include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, or companionship.
- Punitive damages when an accident lawyer can prove that a defendant deliberately, with reckless disregard, acted in a manner to cause harm to another person, punitive damages may be awarded based on the specifics of a case.
Accident reporting requirement.
In Pennsylvania, an accident report must be filed with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Safety within five days from the mishap if collisions result in death, injury, or significant property damage. Surviving loved ones of fatally injury accident victims have two-years to file a lawsuit from the date the death occurred.
Hire a lawyer.
Pittsburgh area accident lawyers assist in the determination of “fault” and move forward with a legal proceeding for wrongful death, personal injury loss and property damage. An experienced lawyer at Scanlon & Wojton will fight for a victim’s rights for a comprehensive insurance settlement, or court award to cover damages.
Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law
The Mitchell Building
304 Ross Street, Second Floor
Pittsburgh, Pa 15219
Phone: (412) 918-1241
Fax: (412) 235-7275
- 1 dead after rollover crash in Pittsburgh’s Hill District · NewsKudo
- Title 42 – PA General Assembly (state.pa.us)
- Can monetary damages be recovered for work related toxic exposure in Baton Rouge? - March 2, 2023
- Can parents shield kids from negative social media impacts leading to suicidal ideology? - February 13, 2023
- A man was fatally injured in San Diego after being struck by a Honda sedan. - February 9, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!